Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Wrap'er up, boys, she's good to go.

For quite a while now I've dearly wanted - seriously considered buying - these Sandy Chilewich placemats made in conjunction with Lotta Jansdotter. This in spite of not even owning a dining room table. Or a kitchen table, really. I mean, where would I use them? As wall hangings? These people sell wall hangings to be used as wall hangings. No, I want to cover a non-existent table with "design" - for $11.50 a piece for the leaf ones (eh) and $17.50 a piece for the waterlilly ones. I was going to buy the leaf ones just to accent the waterlilly ones, even though I don't like them as much. Right.


Every once in a while you need to take a look around you and think, boy, I'm really fucking insane. Seriously own that shit.




(Also, I really, really want a set of these wood placemats by Sarah Finn, which are a mere $25 a piece. While I'm at it.)

(image of 2007 jaquard woven vinyl placemats from unicahome.com)
(image of laser-cut, stained wood veneer placemats from aplusrstore.com)

No comments: