Monday, May 07, 2007

Weird Habits I Have Been Known to Develop Out of the Blue (Apropos of Nothing, As It Were)

1. Scowling at my boss. See: How Not to Get Ahead at the Workplace by Kara Thrace (2004).
2. Aggressively rubbing all facial orifices when allergies strike. Seriously, I know there are no bugs in my nose. You’d think I’d been a cocaine freak in a former life. And for the amount of money I spend on mascara, one might assume that I would rather it didn’t end up pooling under my eyes by the time I got to work each morning. But one would be wrong, wouldn’t one.
3. That month in 2006 when I consistently forgot to zip my fly.
4. That month in 2006 when I consistently forgot to put on underwear.
5. Forgetting that my car has no pick-up when I decide to cut people off. Extra special because the Meineke™ Fairy clearly stole all of the bulbs out of all of the turn signals on all of the cars in Massachusetts.
6. Leaving my house keys in the door when I come home.
7. Leaving my car keys in the ignition when I get out of the car.
8. Removing my car keys from the ignition and dropping them on the passenger seat before I get out of the car.
9. Apparently, forgetting that I carry keys at all.
10. Getting bored before finishing a simple ten-point list.

No comments: