Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Reunion's coming up

A teammate of mine, who also happened to be another English major, basically functioned as my partner in crime throughout the whole of the second half of my college career. We were so closely linked that if one of us was not in class when the exams were handed back, our prof. would just give them both to whomever had bothered to show up.

We, each of us, were a mess, but together we were a highly functioning mess.
She once missed an email informing us that a final had been moved to a building across campus, and our prof. interrupted the exam to ask me, personally, from across the room, if I knew where she was. She, of course, came running in five minutes later after having sprinted flat out across campus in her usual platform sandals and skirt.

She is the reason that I know Chicago has a curfew, and she is the one who takes me shopping whenever I visit her and insists on taking me to the Urban Outfitters there. I always buy something, just because she brought me.

No comments: